Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Past 2 Days...

have been great!!

Yesterday I woke up, and had some breakfast with Marjorie (host mom) and her mom. They are both super sweet. Afterwards, I got ready and we went to drop off Gabriele (baby) at the daycare. I met everyone there and we were off. From there we went to my language school!! Everyone at the school is SUPER nice and there are some girls from the UK so hopefully I'll be able to make some english-speaking friends. I start next Monday and after that I'll be going every monday and friday morning from 9-12. Not bad. It also happens to be like a 30 second walk to the beach!! That's my favorite part. (see pictures from the post below)...then we went back to the house where I promptly took an absurd jetlag nap. Marjorie came upstairs to wake me up so I could go with her to pick up Gabi (I need to memorize the route since I'll be doing it starting next week). She took one look at my groggy face and told me to keep sleeping. I love it here.

When I finally came to, we went to the mall to get my french cell phone!! Marjorie asked me if I wanted a touch phone like my American phone and I misunderstood her thinking she asked if my phone now was a touch phone so I said yes. So now I have a fancy brand new touch screen phone! haha not that it really concerns anyone in America since you can't reach me on it :) But to all mes amis en France, I get unlimited texting! Afterwards we did some grocery shopping and came home. We had roast beef for dinner. Also, they eat EVERYTHING with mayo and ketchup. And the ketchup tastes weird...

Today was a lazy day. I ended up waking up early and eating some breakfast with Michelle (Marjorie's mom). She is such a sweetheart we ended up talking for a few hours about everything from politics, to traveling, to 9/11, to food and cooking, to future plans and watching reruns of I Dream of Genie in french. She's been such a help to me these past few days, I'll be bummed when she leaves on Friday. Did I mention that?? Michelle is only here this week to show me how the routine works while Marjorie is at work and then at the end of the week she'll be leaving and I'll be on my own. Anyway, after breakfast I went back to bed for a bit before I got dressed and ready for the day. Marjorie ended up picking Gabi from daycare without me, so when she came back we all had lunch together (leftovers and some yummy rice thing). We follow EVERY meal with cheese and that is then followed with some kind of desert. EVERY TIME. Thank god I brought my Bob Harper workout DVD...

I spent the rest of the day writing e-mails and playing with the baby. She's a bit of a handful, but that's why god invented Yo Gabba Gabba, youtube, and the iPhone.

For dinner we had Raclette. Not sure if you guys are familiar, but lemme tell ya that I had it for the first time and I would be PERFECTLY content eating it everyday for the rest of my life. SO GOOD!! They told me that in France there is a tradition that when you try something for the first time, you have to make a wish. So I did :) I liked that...

That's all for today...I'll post an update soon about how to reach me and sending me mail and such...

In the meantime, here's a picture of the baby who says "yayy" and claps every time she finishes stacking her toys:



And don't worry, I've already made myself at home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment