Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mediterranean

IMPORTANT:
The Bon's would like me to inform everyone that THE FRENCH DO NOT HATE AMERICANS. They don't even mildly dislike us. In fact, they weren't shocked to find out that we think so. I told them how it's not only common belief that the French don't like us, but that Americans are often told to pretend to be Canadian abroad just in case. Their jaws nearly dropped. They said they like Americans very much, it's why they play so many of our TV shows! They said that they may not agree with the war in Iraq but it's absolutely not a reflection on their opinion of all the American people. They said America and France are like an old married couple - they may fight from time to time and annoy each other, but really they love each other. So there you have it.

Anyway, I didn't go dancing last night unfortunately. Not quite sure what happened, but Marjorie didn't bring it up again and I was pretty pooped anyways so I didn't remind her. There's always next week :) Instead, we sat around the table for 2 hours talking about which American TV shows are/were popular in France. It boggles my mind, they know and love Happy Days, Bewitched, Dallas, Chips, Little House on the Prairie, and a billion more but they have never even HEARD of I Love Lucy??????? Madness. Olivier said he used to watch Saved By the Bell when he was young and thought it was "super cool".

Oh yes, for dinner we had fajitas! Haha and not too bad, if I do say so myself! Granted, not quite like home, but not bad! I introduced them to tapatio, for which I think they'll be eternally grateful. They seemed to like it.

Today, Olivier's aunt came into town for a visit. She's a chic older French woman who lives by Cannes. She took us all out to eat at this fancy restaurant by the beach called La Vague D'Or. I had cream of artichoke, followed by gigantic shrimp in a yummy sauce, and melon sorbet for dessert. But that wasn't the best part...the best part of it all was the VIEW. I snapped like 20 pictures of the same thing, but I couldn't help myself. Marjorie told me to go dip my feet in the water to see how it compared to the Pacific and let me tell you, it doesn't. It was like BATH water. I know, I know...you all feel really bad for me right now. Well for now, enjoy the slideshow!



PS: I have my first day of school tomorrow! Big update to follow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment