Thursday, September 16, 2010

Haircut.

As some of you may know, I got a haircut yesterday. I seriously considered taking a week-long hiatus from my blog to mourn the loss of my hair. In case you don't know this about me...I absolutely LOVE my long hair. Ask any of my hairdressers for the past 2 or 3 years...I FREAK out if they cut any more than half an inch every 6 months. I wasn't planning on cutting my hair while in France, but my host mom, Marjorie, is a hair dresser. On Tuesday, Marjorie's mom, Michelle, pointed out that I have split ends and so Marjorie suggested I come into the salon the following morning for a "trim". I expressed my concern about cutting my hair and she assured me, "just the ends" - so I agreed. The next morning, I went into the salon and came out 30 minutes later missing 3-4 inches of my hair :( Don't get me wrong, it's a nice haircut. And on the bright side, I have no more split ends! My hair is now unbelievably healthy. But with that being said, it did take all my composure not to cry. Now to the untrained eye, it might not look that bad. However, let me remind you, that before I left LA 4 days ago, my hair hung to my elbows. It used to get stuck in my belt. Now...well...voilĂ :



ugh. I was excited to live upstairs to a salon but now I'm just scared haha Yesterday I think I accidentally signed myself up for some highlights and acrylic nails with the "Louis Vuitton" logo painted on the thumbs...ohhhh curse the language barrier and my inability to say no!

PS: no other updates so far...except that I had cheese soufflé for dinner last night! Yummmmm...

5 comments:

  1. The "untrained eye," Melissa? Please.. My mother is a hairdresser, I have a trained eye, and your hair is unbelievably long... You had layers all over your hair, OF COURSE to get rid of the split ends, Marjorie would have to trim the layers too which makes it look drastically shorter to YOUR eye.. you are so funny. But I love you. lol. NOW your hair will grow at an extremely faster rate because it is healthy and won't break off.. <- trained. lol

    Now that we have talked about your healthy hair, DON'T GET HIGHLIGHTS!!!! Whatever you do, DON'T DO IT.. It ruins your hair, you know this!!!!! Louis Vuitton acrylics, maaaaybe, but those will ruin your beautiful nails too that you have.. DON'T do highlights, whatever you do, and DON'T get those awful nails. haha..

    miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I know what you mean...still looks long to me but those extra inches that are gone make it feel alot different. I love my long hair too so I can sympathize BUT your hair will dry extra quick. Love reading your posts, Lovely! XOXO's from home. So sorry I missed your Bon Voyage party but I had bridesmaid duties to shop for dresses. Looking forward to all of your posts. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are looking beautiful as ever Mel. I hope that your travels abroad are filled with adventures and shenanigans. I miss you mucho!

    love,
    maddog

    ps...."plz pass the shmang."

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANKS GUYS!!!! aww i miss everyone so much already :( But it's so good to hear from everyone through this thing. Glad I did it!!

    ps: mad, i love you and I miss friday steak nights and mastering the shmang :)

    ReplyDelete