Friday, September 17, 2010

New Friend and Beef Bourguignon

Hey Everyone!

So I'm starting to come to terms with the loss of my hair. It may take some time, but I think I'll get through it.

In other news, I made a friend yesterday! Her name is Magali and she is 8 years old and lives across the street. She was very impressed that I came all the way from LA to live in Toulon. She knows how to say "you are very pretty" in English and made sure to do so every 5 seconds...we got along great :)

Turns out Magali is also a spoiled brat who doesn't leave Marjorie's salon, bothers all the customers, and throws full on temper tantrums complete with kicking and screaming on the floor if she doesn't get her way. She also curses at her mother, the lovely Danielle who gives us delicious fresh bread every day, until she gets her way - which she always does. Marjorie warned me over dinner not to let her come over and play because she doesn't want Gabriele learning that awful behavior. I fully obliged. Who knew?? But I totally see where she's coming from. I wouldn't want my kid learning that either.

So I'm back to no friends for now! hehe but I'm not too concerned. I start school on Monday and I'm sure I'll meet some people there.

PS: I had Beef Bourguignon for dinner last night. SO GOOD. And Marjorie said she's going to show me how to make French bread on Saturday. I'll keep everyone posted!

Also, here is a picture of the view from my bedroom window:


À Bientôt.

2 comments:

  1. You are so funny =] I've really been enjoying your blog with your cute little sense of humor and lovely writing skills. Glad you're doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks jill! I'm glad you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete