Monday, November 8, 2010

Working Backwards: Nice

I know I'm working a bit out of order here, but before I go on to tell you about my weekend in Nice from 3 weeks ago, let me just tell everyone that I just had an AMAZING weekend here with my friends :) but more on that later...

So the weekend of October 23rd, me and a group of about ten of us all went to Nice for the weekend! I had work Saturday afternoon as did a couple of my friends, so we left Sunday afternoon and stayed until Tuesday morning. Even though it was stormy/rainy the entire time we were there, the city is still absolutely beautiful!! Here are some shots from the train ride along the coast:




Beautiful. We arrived in Nice in the early evening and walked straight to the apartment we were staying at - which ended up being RIGHT in the middle of the city. For the whole weekend we didn't have to worry about driving, buses, or any sort of public transportation - we were so close to everything we simply walked everywhere. It was grand.

That night we just got settled and went out for dinner at a place called "Buffalo Grill" which I think was American cuisine?? haha I kid. Burgers and fries and haricots verts. I ordered the California Burger and was really confused when it didn't come with avocado...but that's besides the point. Afterwards, we headed to an Irish pub just around the corner - thankful to find anything that was open on a Sunday (revert to previous post if you don't know what I'm talking about). And just our luck - Sundays was karaoke night!! Needless to say, it was a fun night. We had a couple drinks and sang the night away :) Cue the silly karaoke slideshow:


The next day, my German friends Thuy, Sophia, Christopher, Markus, and I went to explore the city. We grabbed some lunch at a nice little French place and I had my first real French Onion Soup. I gotta say though...the one Mallory made for me back in the states was waaayyy better :) haha but then again this was only one restaurant in all of France. I'll have to give it another try soon.

After lunch we took a walk down to the coast. There is this giant round citadel type thing that you can climb up with a great view of the city and a park on top, so we went ahead and did that. BEAUTIFUL. By the end of that climb we were pretty beat, so we walked back into town, had a cup of hot chocolate and a crepe, and went back to the apartment for a nap. That night we took it easy and went out for dinner at a pizza place. Apparently it is totally normal to crack an egg over your pizza here...buuuuuut considering I can't anything less than scrambled, it wasn't really my cup of tea. Thankfully, my friend Steph took the more oeuf-y side. After that, we headed back and watched a movie and went to bed - all 10 of us crammed in a 1 bedroom apartment, in true euro-traveler fashion!

And now, for the pictures that make you jealous of my life. Enjoy:

2 comments:

  1. wow how do you make slide shows you little blogger-geek!

    love from the oeufy pizza muncher ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA oeufy pizza muncher!! love it. I use flikr.com :)

    ReplyDelete