Friday, November 12, 2010

2 Month Mark

2 months down, 10 more to go!

Today officially marks 2 months since I landed in France. Doesn't it feel like I just posted something like this yesterday? Déja vu? Nope, you read right. 2 months have passed.

This is officially the longest I have every been away from home. And I'm feeling it. Halloween was rough, but Thanksgiving and Christmas will be even rougher. Especially since a) Thanksgiving doesn't exist here and b) my host mom announced there will be no Christmas tree this year because Gabriele is going through that phase where everything must be touched, eaten, or broken by her very hands. It really is incredible how much damage such a small person can cause.

In case you don't know, Christmas is just about my favorite holiday. Well, I love the entire "holiday season" - from Halloween to New Years, everything about it. But something about Christmas...I always go all out with lights and decorations, I listen to Christmas music year round, I make my own ornaments, I wear red and green, I simply LOVE Christmas. And Christmas without my family is just going to be so so so difficult.

But as Gloria Gaynor (and later Selena and later Me at a karaoke bar on my birthday) once said, "I Will Survive". I have made some great friends here and I have my 2 weeks vacation in January to look forward to! I'm thinking of doing Paris, Lyon, Blois, and hopefully Luxembourg.

Plus, I'm planning on cooking Thanksgiving dinner for my international friends! Me being the only American, it will be a completely new experience for everyone...which could be really fun. It would be my first time making the turkey though...any suggestions?? And as far as Christmas goes, I think I'll just have to put up a little tree in my room. It was bad enough the year my mom got a fake tree for our house, but NO TREE??? I simply cannot have it.

New Years Eve I will be working and New Years Day I will be driving to Paris.

But don't worry, I WILL survive the holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment