Saturday, October 2, 2010

Horse House or Whore's House?

The past few days have been fun, lots of work and some school. As far as food updates go, last night I ate duck, pheasant, and hare. Apparently there is a difference between a rabbit and a hare. I always thought that one is used in fables and raced tortoises while the other does not, but apparently there's also a difference in size and speed. Hare's are much larger and can be hunted. The reason I know this is because Olivier's mom and er...boyfriend, Patrick, are visiting this weekend and Patrick is a hunter. Looks like I've come a long way from my vegetarian ways...

Also, I have almost completely finished the wheel of brie the Bon's bought for me last week. Whooooops...

Now, for the past week or so I have been taking the baby out for walks along our street for some fresh air. When Olivier took me around the first time, he explained that this old house was once, a very long time ago, either a "horse house" or a "whore's house". For the life of me, I could not understand his accent and I was too embarrassed to ask him to clarify. So, I will let you, my readers, be the judge:


Horse House or Whore's House?

No comments:

Post a Comment