Saturday, October 9, 2010

Feeling a bit better...

Feeling better, finally!! Not completely recovered, of course...but better nonetheless. I couldn't go to the doctor on Thursday because it just happens to be the only day of out the week that they close (just my luck). So instead, I skipped school on Friday and rested all afternoon. Luckily, during the week I don't start watching the baby until 2...and she naps from 2-5, so I just nap when she does :)

I just went to the doctor this morning, as Marjorie insisted, and he pretty much told me what I already knew - I have a cold. I was a little confused...he wrote up a prescription for a bunch of stuff that's available over-the-counter in the states. But the whole visit only cost 27 euros, and most of that is reimbursed...so I guess that's just how free healthcare works. Why not go to the doctor for a cold? He gave me the french equivalent of afrin, sudafed, some kind of antihistamine, cough syrup, and vicks vaporub. It's all helping A LOT. I can finally breath through both nostrils at the same time, which is awesome. Tomorrow and Monday are my days off, and Marjorie says I'm not going to school Monday either so I have plenty of rest ahead of me!

Turns out being sick here hasn't been so bad after all. The first day of having a cold actually made me really home sick! I wasn't looking forward to being miserable for a week with nobody to baby me, but Marjorie has been amazing. Olivier (her husband) left this week for 5 months, so it's just us girls in the house. Thursday night, Marjorie made me soup for dinner and pulled out the sofa bed. She made me cookies and hot cocoa and the three of us had a girls night in the living room watching a movie :) Not so bad at all...

Obviously, I haven't left the house all week...so there are no exciting France updates. Just my boring ol' health. I've been slipping into nyquil induced comas at night (SO glad I brought that with me from the states!!) so excuse me if I haven't answered your late night calls...my bad! I promise I'll catch up next week.

Miss you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment